Anime Community
Welcome to AnimeCommunity Your Hope for the next Anime Network.Register stop by and fufill all your needs from anime and manga to your daily life.Our forum is a growing community and we need YOU to be apart of it.Make sure to check out our chatbox too.
Anime Community
Welcome to AnimeCommunity Your Hope for the next Anime Network.Register stop by and fufill all your needs from anime and manga to your daily life.Our forum is a growing community and we need YOU to be apart of it.Make sure to check out our chatbox too.
Anime Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterChatWatch AnimeLog in

Madworld (for: wii)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LostLess

Madworld (for: wii) Empty
PostSubject: Madworld (for: wii)   Madworld (for: wii) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Madworld (for: wii) Madworld_boxart_hires

Madworld

Description:
A hack and slash game enhanced with the wii's interactive use of body movement to play the game. Rated: RP but would be rated M at the least for an over abundance of violence and gore and possibly some sexual themes.

Review:
I would assume most people who would want to play a game like this would rather create some mayhem and skip scenes than to really get into the story line, but the storyline is actually quite intriguing even though its not one of the main appeals the game gives. This game is a hack and slash genre game but is enhanced through use of the wii remote and nunchuck to really make you feel like you're in the game. You start off of course, learning the basic mechanics and controls which are easy to comprehend on first try and really fun. You can just use your chainsaw to just chop enemies in half in one hit to get through or you can take the more, I would say,"torturous way" in killing(If that is a word). There are many items in the environment that you could pick up and use to really torture your enemies. For example, you could rip a sign post out of the ground and stick it through an enemy's neck or face with them still being alive, letting you do even more things to further mutilate them. Now you would probably just want to kill them quickly with your chainsaw to get to the fun boss battles and minigames but we will get to that in a second because there is points system in the game that would make you lean toward torturing your foes to get the points multiplier for each environmental item you use in killing one opponent. At first, this was fun of course to burn them, impale them, etc but it kind of slowed the gameplay down a bit as I would carry an impaled man with a tire stuck around him to find another item to stick through the poor bastard for more points. It's amazingly slow carrying a guy around Mad. Luckily in new areas there are even more new ways to kill your enemies like throwing them into a meat grinder or sticking chinese firecrackers into their face as a humorous way to kill them, but still it seemed more of a hassle over time than a useful way to kill to rack up points.

Don't let that get you down though because there are fun minigames through the missions that you need to pass to get through to finish the mission! You can play darts with a baseball bat and helpless enemies to be swung into the dart board as well as other fun games. If you don't know how to play the minigame that you come upon, just be sure not to skip the scene when you walk into the minigame area. It is very well explained by humorous man called the black baron. His stereotypical ghetto language surely could be offensive but is all just fun and games in here while he explains the minigame. If you dont understand what he says because of his speech full of grammatical errors about how to play the game, just wait in the scene for a provocative woman to kill the black baron as an example. She kills him as you are supposed to against the enemies to complete the minigame. Pretty fun indeed.

Usually after the minigame and a bit more killing and mayhem, you will then be able to fight a boss. A bit of reflexes with swinging your nunchuck to do an evasive back flip thing (no idea the real technical term for it, but you'll know what i mean) and the chainsaw swinging will usually get through bosses quite hassle free, but you might find yourself looking stupid when you end up having to shake both the nunchuck and remote profusely to get out of stalemate animations. For example when you are being pressured by a chainsaw that you blocked with yours or any other scenes that show the nunchuck and wiimote shaking around. My roommate always worries if i'm okay when I get to boss boss because of how funny you look while doing them and long gaming hours could get you tired from them, but they nonetheless fun and they really gets you into the game. The scene on how the bosses are killed by you at the end are also all very awesome I must say and sometimes humorous. Just wait til you fight RinRin of the asian town, you'll see.

The look of the game is quite new and really brings a comicbook/manga feel to it. It's all in black and white which reminds me of sincity and good ole' manga days which really made me feel like an anime character. The only things in color are the blood effects from what I see and my oh my is there a lot of blood. The blood is very exaggerated being that it's the only thing in color and it makes you wonder if there is actually that amount of blood in the person that had just spewed out but always leaving you wanting more.

Now the music really caught my attention. HipHip/Rap music really brought the game to life and brought a really cool feel to the game. It fit the game really well. It surely sounds better than the mainstream music of today in my opinion.

An amazing game i must say. Torturing and killing really was a lot of fun with the wiimote and nunchuck along with the color scheme of the graphics and music. Replay value is there when you want to torture more for points and also to just have a listen to the soundtrack again. The fun of the blood and gore caused by you and your chainsaw doesn't really get old and those who complain that the wii doesn't have the M rated games that the other systems have will have to see this game for themselves.

Great Game, A must try
Back to top Go down
Forest_GS
Forest_GS

PostSubject: Re: Madworld (for: wii)   Madworld (for: wii) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah, it is a very fun game, even though it's in back and white...and red, lolz.
A must play. (at least rent once)
Back to top Go down
Mindless
Mindless

PostSubject: Re: Madworld (for: wii)   Madworld (for: wii) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 am

Mad world is seriously the best games for the wii when u wanna rage xD
I finnished the game in 3 days which was a bit short for my taste but an awesome game though.
Back to top Go down
NegBL
NegBL

PostSubject: Re: Madworld (for: wii)   Madworld (for: wii) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 am

Dont really like the Wii but this game sounds pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madworld (for: wii)   Madworld (for: wii) Empty

Back to top Go down

Madworld (for: wii)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Community :: A.C Discussions :: Games and Technology :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: