Anime Community
Welcome to AnimeCommunity Your Hope for the next Anime Network.Register stop by and fufill all your needs from anime and manga to your daily life.Our forum is a growing community and we need YOU to be apart of it.Make sure to check out our chatbox too.
Anime Community
Welcome to AnimeCommunity Your Hope for the next Anime Network.Register stop by and fufill all your needs from anime and manga to your daily life.Our forum is a growing community and we need YOU to be apart of it.Make sure to check out our chatbox too.
Anime Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterChatWatch AnimeLog in

Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge Empty
PostSubject: Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge   Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 am

Rating: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer: Marc

Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge, though not an hour long, is the unadulterated product of the somewhat warped mind of Satoru Akahori. Composed of two nearly unrelated series with nearly opposite moods--one about villains so nice they're almost heroes and the other about heroes so awful they're functionally villains--it's a superhero parody somewhere between mind-melting stupidity and multi-layered self-referential meta-humor so completely insane it's brilliant.

The series hits extremely low-key "when you think about it" concept humor dead on, and does a decent job with hyperactive slapstick loaded with borderline-horrifying personality issues and general gleeful malice, all while sending up classic superhero shows. It's frequently stupid enough to hurt, and the not-quite-right drama drags occasionally, but I found myself laughing long and loud often enough to call the result a success. I think.
Back to top Go down

Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Community :: A.C Discussions :: Anime & Manga Discussion :: Anime Reviews-
Jump to: